HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
JAMES MURPHY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:12:30 -0500
Bill,

Both Jervis and Ries and Leighton indicate that the Mayer Brothers purchased a pottery operated by the Economy Society.  Whisker gives dates of 1878-1881 for the Economy Society Pottery, based on tax records, but I wouldn't be surprised if it operated earlier.  I would contact the Beaver Falls Historical Society to see if they have examples of Economite pottery.

Jim Murphy