HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Cranmer, Leon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:42:46 -0500

Greetings All,

I would appreciate some help in identifying a highly decorated pipestem
with spur.  On one side are the embossed letters "AMREI."  The "I" could
be an "L."  On the other side is a word ending in "NECHT."  Pretty sure
about those letters.  The spur appears to have an embossed shield on one
side.  The bore is 5/64.  The stem has a slight curve but can't say if
it is intentional or not.  The site dates from about the mid-18th
through 19th centuries. Any help would certainly be welcome.  Thanks!

Regards,
Lee Cranmer
Historical Archaeologist
Maine Historic Preservation Commission