HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2008 12:17:26 -0800
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Jan 8, 2008 12:00 PM
Subject: Re: Button Books - let's Share our info!
To: Anita Cohen-Williams <[log in to unmask]>

 Having recovered over 800 or more buttons in sealed latrines dating to
specific years within 1862-1865, I have developed a great interest in
buttons and how to classify them.  A student of mine is presenting at SHA's
on Thursday on the prosser buttons recovered from the Johnson's Island
site.  If an effort is made to develop a button book resource, please keep
me informed.  thanks
Dave Bush
ps.  although I am receiving histarch emails, I can't seem to post on it at
this time.

*David R. Bush, Ph.D*.
Director, Center for Historic and Military Archaeology
Professor of Anthropology
Heidelberg College
310 E. Market Street
Tiffin, Ohio  44883
(419)448-2327
FAX. (419)448-2236
 Mailto:[log in to unmask]

 <[log in to unmask]>*Johnson's Island Prison Web Site:*
http://www.johnsonsisland.com

The real voyage of discovery is not in seeking
 new landscapes but in having new eyes.
*Marcel Proust

--
Anita Cohen-Williams