HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
JAMES MURPHY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 09:36:38 -0500
In MARC records, the 260 field provides the place of publication, publisher, and date of publication.  The address of the publisher can be included if considered helpful.  In this case, since there was an edition of only 300, the publisher's address is the author's residence (the publisher (J.F. Adams) is clearly the author), the book may be considered self published

If you check Adams listings in San Diego in Ancestry.com's directories, in 1983 you find John R. Adams at 4131 Marlborough, zip code 92105.  He was the husband of Jane Ford Adams and taught at the State College according to the 1930 census.  Maybe the zipcode area has changed since 1983.  In any case, I wouldn't go knocking at their door, as Mrs Adams died in 1989 at the age of 88.  (Not to stereotype, but in my experience this seems to be about the mean age of button collectors.)

Jim