HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Timothy Scarlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2008 13:26:11 -0500
Permit me an indulgent plug, echoing Carol's comments.

Carolyn White and I co-edit the Guides to American Artifacts series
at Left Coast Press.  We set up the series to do exactly this- gather
together these types of studies and publish them in an updated form.
Each volume will provide an overview of the literature about a
particular type of objects.  We have titles forthcoming or in
preparation dealing with a number of artifact classes from bricks to
export porcelain, and we always welcome new proposals, such as book
on buttons!

The series description is here:
http://www.lcoastpress.com/books_series.php?id=1

The first books in the series are forthcoming, led by Douglas
McVarish's volume, American Industrial Archaeology, A Field Guide:
http://www.lcoastpress.com/books_series.php?id=1

With best regards,
Tim

Timothy Scarlett