HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Doms, Keith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2008 08:55:34 -0500
Might I suggest "The Collector's Encyclopedia of Buttons" by Sally C.
Luscomb.  Schiffer Books.  Atglen, Pennsylvania.

I have the 2003 5th edition.  The 6th addition came out in 2004.  While
the author does not know the difference between bone and antler, the
rest of the entries seem pretty good.  Luscomb does not focus on prices
and that the heavily be jeweled buttons that I have seen in other button
books.

Keith Doms