HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
James Brothers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 17:30:48 -0400
Stathi

Got to admit that you have gone one on me. A 45 ton steam locomotive!
Wow I'm jealous. I've done a few smelts at this point (including one
that was my youngest daughters 10th grade science project). Even some
smithing and forge welding. My middle daughter talked her way into
the smithy at Sturbridge Village when she was 14 (great pictures of
her in a yellow sun dress, a bit unusual for an apprentice). I also
learned how to flint knap. Taught me a lot about all the debitage I
was finding on prehistoric sites.

Have you ever seen any of the trackliner groups? We have one here in
Richmond, VA that sings the RR equivalent of sea chanties. Of course
they have to clean up the lyrics for mixed crowds, or when children
are present.

James Brothers, RPA