HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"paul.courtney2" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:13:40 +0100
The problem is graph papert distorts with humidity or if it gets wet and
is inferior for long term archiving. Perhaps not a problem if you work
only in non-humid summers or indoors and CAD it quickly. However, film
is superior and can be bought with a grid printed on. I can't imagine
working out doors in winter without it mind you thats something I have
to avoid these days wit my rheumatism. Along with context sheets and
Harris matrices ( and now CAD and EDMs)  its a core tool in UK type open
area stratigraphic archaeology.