From:
Lavrenti Vachnadze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:34:55 -0400
Eric Kisch:

>Reading the list of materials, I was surprised at the omission of her
>reading of the "Hunger Artist" a bizarre Kafka (?) short story...  BTW -
>who are the Bear family?

A complete list can be found at www.kwf.org.  Since I don't have any
connection with that organization, I would recommend that you consider
ordering from them.  Besides the numerous Weill compositions which have
been praised again and again, the set certainly has a lot of stuff that
deserves equal attention.  For example, Lenya recites the poem "The
Children's Crusade" and the above mentioned "Kafka" stories, excerpts from
_Brecht on Brecht_ or Songs from _Mother Courage_ (Eric Bentley said they
are even better sung than those by Helene Weigel).

Anyway, enjoy!

Vachnadze