From:
Sam Pawlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 09:55:59 -0700
What other recordings of the Mozart violin sonatas would listmembers
recommend? I'm looking to pick up a set or two.  Berkshire has the
Lupu/Goldberg set at good price but i've never heard it though I trust both
of these artists.  I've been looking for the Grumiaux/Haskil set but have
been unable to find it.  I have one disc from Klien/ Szering which is quite
wonderful, don't know if they recorded all 15.  Also have the excellent
Milstein/Balsam but in bad condition on vinyl.

On the topic of Berkshire, contemplating the Shostakovich quartets on
Olympia, Szigeti/Arrau Beethoven violin sonatas and Klara Wurtz set of
Mozart piano sonatas.  Worth it?

Sam Pawlett