From:
Thanh-Tam Le <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 17:46:04 -0500
I wrote about Haydn Wood's orchestral music:

>>>Far from all the magnificent music already quoted, I would like to
>>>mention a record of British Light Music (released by Naxos) which brings
>>>me both [...]

and Deryk Barker advised:

>>Hope you're wearing protective headgear....:-)

to which Ian Crisp <[log in to unmask]> replied:

>No threat of miltary action from my direction. I'm staying off the British
>Light Music topic this time, because I have too much real music to listen
>to. My views are in the archives . . .

:-)
First of all, I said that Haydn Wood was far from Bach, Mozart, Vivaldi,
F.J.Haydn...  Not that it was far from being magnificent!  I simply love
that record.  And sincerely, I believe that it is real music, and even true
music.  So, as a suggestion for Bob's friend who, I hope, will recover as
soon as possible, it was serious.

However, if you asked me what music makes me feel that life is worth
living, I would say for instance Bruckner's 8th symphony.

Best regards,

Thanh-Tam Le