HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2009 08:57:17 -0800
From:
Sara Rivers <[log in to unmask]>
We are gradually adding 19th-century ceramics to the Diagnostic Artifacts in Maryland webpage.  http://www.jefpat.org/diagnostic/Index.htm

We're aiming for something decoration-oriented since terms like 'pearlware' are problematic in terms of identification and dating, but there is a discussion about the creamware/pearlware/whiteware relationship at:   http://www.jefpat.org/diagnostic/Post-Colonial%20Ceramics/Shell%20Edged%20Wares/Shell%20Edged%20Wares%202nd%20page.htm#Evolution%20of%20Creamware

Right now colonial ceramics (including creamware) are live, as are shell-edge ceramics and relief molded jugs, and we hope to add transfer prints and annular decorated wares soon.  It may not fit in your pocket, but perhaps it could help?

Sara Rivers Cofield
Maryland Archaeological Conservation Laboratory