HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Allen Vegotsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 11:22:02 -0500
Carl,
Because of the different interpretations of your artifact, I checked with
Frank Sternad, a pharmacist, historian, and authority on pharmaceutical
antiques.  Here is our exchange.
Allen

Hi Allen,
I agree with you. This looks like an early kind of ampule for an injectible,
or an early unit dose container for a non-injectible. The latter would apply
if the contents were something like iodine or merthiolate tincture. The tip
was broken off and the antiseptic applied with cotton.
Cheers,
Frank