HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 13:38:05 -0700
From:
Sandra Pentney <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
I was conducting a survey in southeastern San Diego County, near the
Imperial County and Mexico border, near Jacumba. We found an artifact, which
I am tentatively referring to as a cannon ball because it is perfectly spherical
in weight. It is about 2 lb in weight and is made of lead. There is a '2' stamped
on the surface and another side shows a slight pock mark. There is a bit of
brown lichen growing on one area. This was the only historic artifact found on
the survey, however over 70 other prehistoric sites, isolates and features
were also recorded during the survey.

I am looking for a positive identification on the artifact, and also any
information on military or border activities thay may have occurred in the area.
Our records search had no mention at all of any historic battles.