HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 19:43:19 -0700
From:
Carol Serr <[log in to unmask]>
Well, I tried to send this to your AOL email Stathi...but, it bounced
back on me.  Looks like our IT guys havent fixed All the problems yet.
So...everyone gets it.  Sorry.

Ha!  Some 30 min. before I saw your email...my co-worker told me what
this item was!  I had set it aside (since last wk)...leaving the
Unknowns until today/this wk...and while I was examining it...he walked
by and said "I know what that is"...but then he couldn't Remember the
name of the box...until a while later.  He's an old car buff.

So...let me ask you (since you have tinkered with one of these recently)
about the disk hidden from view by the 'main arm' of the contact.  Is
this just a washer? Or...is it a disk with a plugged hole?  Why I am
asking is...would it be the #8 item shown in my group shot...right above
#9 that you knew??  This disk is marked SAMPSON BRASS PLUGS.  I havent
been able to find any info online even with this full name, AND the
patent dates - PAT APR 19 93 SEP 6 99  (darn Google keeps changing
Sampson to Samson!).

:o(

THANKS for the link.  I had come to my desk/PC to check online for how
the contact was affixed to the coil box...when I saw your email.  What
weird timing.  :o)