From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:00:36 -0600
Hello All,
Peter brings up the subject of abnormal bees. One of my favorite subjects. I
have discussed abnormal bees with some of the best beekeeping minds in the
U.S. and around the world.

What is missing from the information Peter posted is the methods the
beekeeper can use to detect abnormal bees.

Quite a bit of research stops short of giving the beekeeper the signs the
researchers saw doing the research.

 I am going out the door as today will be a busy day as yesterday afternoon
was but will do a post on the subject later.

abnormal bees or the hive which never gets going. I am not speaking of
laying workers, drone laying queens  or queenless hives. We all know about
those.

When starting new colonies and you get a hive dropping back from the others
below was Dr. Delaplane's solution:

Dr. Delaplane replaces the queen. (from his video dealing with two out of 10
new queens) .

How common are abnormal bees?

How can we detect abnormal bees?

What are the signs?

Will they ever do better?

What do commercial beekeepers do with those colonies?

What do commercial beekeepers think are the different causes?

comments?

What are the opinions as every beekeeper which has had even a couple hives
have seen what I call abnormal hives or "dinks"?

What are the ways others on the list deal with abnormal bees?

bob

--
believed to be clean.