From:
queenbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 17:24:14 +1000
> Honey acts as an anti-bacterial agent in three ways.

Bill there is a  fourth and that is antibacterial properties.  Honey in
Australia called jelly bush and the manuka from New Zealand have properties
that are over and above the three you mention.  We have some honeys with
high peroxide activity but this other activity is different.  I recall
something on Bee-l about a month ago where some scientists in Germany, I
think, claimed they had isolated the antibacterial properties from manuka.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA