From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 22:27:15 -0400
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>no one seems willing to step forward and admit something
>in public that would certainly defuse some unneeded hype,

Interesting, Now organic beekeepers are in a mass conspiracy.

>>> or wild colonies,

this would be
>much like the tree that fell in the woods with no one to
>hear it fall.

Well, I am hearing it fall!

I work closely with a local pest control company that covers most of SW
PA.  I GET ALL the Calls. But I choose to only accept calls in a 1
sometimes 3 county area which is plenty enough swarm chasing for me.
Feral swarm calls are only down only about 10 percent, 20 percent at the
very tops.  I see NO 50% collapse in the ferals, so they are apparently
doing fine.  My home is in the woodlands were trees are known to fall and
feral bees are known to swarm, ferals caught in traps actually increased
over the last two seasons.

>Yes, the misinformed claims of a SINGLE PERSON named Sharon
>Labchuk

I don’t understand why you assume the habit of attempting to discredit
persons instead of targeting what you disagree with in their writings.
It’s that what one should do in a orderly and gentlemanly disagreement?
Or is your argument so weak that you need to resort to this?

Frankly, It is difficult to get thru your letter due to my distaste for
such  tactics, It is a BIG disappointment when I read such stuff on these
lists.  But in scanning over your letter, I see a large percentage of you
time was spent attacking the person and not the content, this is also
apparent by your need to mention her by name at least 5 times that I
happened to noticed.

and a
>twice-defeated candidate for election to various local
>offices on Prince Edward Island, Canada, where she has
>run on the "Green Party" slate.

Humm, has really noting to do with the topic of discussion, part of your
discrediting campaign I take it?

>So, perhaps you can see that Sharon might have been
>just a teensy bit inclined to blame "pesticides"

The CCD group has NOT eliminated pesticides from the list of suspects as
Dennis vanEngelsdorp writes in a report:

“Pesticides are often suspected as the cause for honey bee mortality
because many that are used on bee-pollinated crops are toxic to honey
bees. Tests commonly focus on finding doses of pesticides that are lethal
to honey bees. However, the sublethal effects can also lead to problems
at the colony level.”

Best Wishes,

Joe Waggle ~ Derry, PA ‘Bees Gone Wild Apiaries'
FeralBeeProject.com
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/HoneybeeArticles