From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2007 21:58:41 -0400
On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 20:28:10 -0400, Kent Stienburg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 Also, how much are people willing to pay?  I was thinking for the 8" or 10" taper moulds.  Maybe
people have better success with other styles?

We get $4.00 each for 10" tapers retail or 2 for $7.00. Seems like there is hardly any competition
for 100% beeswax candles in most large metro areas.

Doing a 3", 6" and 9" by 3" diameter pillar are good selling sizes. You'll want to experiement with
wicks going from a taper to pillar. Match up the right wick to the volume of wax.

I'm surprised by the small number of players in the poly candle mold business in the US. Its pretty
much CandleWic and Mann Lake and a long list of smaller suppliers with the same style.  Mann
Lake will make custom molds too but not cheap.

Does anyone have any other good sources for poly molds of "traditional" candle styles from
Europe or elsewhere?  Looking for something different.

Also who knows the techniques used for making these "hand dripped" style of candles made by
this unique craftsman in Canada?

http://philoxia.com/Pheylonian_Catalogue.pdf

hows about a triple wicked 7.5” x 22” candle for $549.00 !!!!!!!!!! I must be in the wrong business
producing honey. but you have to admire this guy for the breadth of beeswax candles he
produces. some of the most interesting I have seen anywhere.