ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
martin weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:04:40 -0500

Mike;

A few years ago there were a series of books called Where's Waldo
that were very popular with kids. You might try  encouraging specific
observations using this technique.  As I recall children often did
not need help to find Wlado but parents could be urged to help.

Yes, as Bob Russell points out we did develop audio tours for several
exhibitions which encourage engagement.  There certainly are
techniques to add audio descriptions and suggestions of how to
observe the dioramas that are lower cost than audio tours. We just
installed a visitor operated audio player for our cloud chamber
(Cosmic Ray Detector) at very low cost. Let me know if you want any
details.

Cheers,

Martin

--