ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kathy Krafft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2006 16:26:49 -0500

> We also developed a fast-paced 7 minute video"Ask An Engineer" as part
> of a traveling exhibition, Tech City. The exhibition and video were
> developed particularly to encourage middle-school girls and minorities
> to become familiar with engineering as a career (with a lot of
> interactive exhibits on topics from Earthquakes to "Dam the Creek").
>  The video is narrated by a young girl (about 13) who meets and
> interviews 1/2 dozen diverse engineers everywhere from a large
> Aquarium to a major power utility.

> The video has been made available by WGBH on their website "Teacher's
> Domain" featuring multimedia resources for teachers and professional
> development (you may need to do their temporary registration).

http://www.teachersdomain.org/resources/eng06/sci/engin/design/askengineer/index.html

We also gave distribution rights to National Engineers Week last year;
 they made and distributed 3,000 copies for engineers to use in their
community and school classroom presentations on careers in engineering.

You can get more information and see a quicktime video of the components
in the Tech City exhibition at

http://www.sciencenter.org/exhibits/exhibitionsforrent.asp

Kathy Krafft
Exhibit Projects Director
Sciencenter
Ithaca, NY

PS sorry I"m late with replying-- I've been out of town.