HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2008 08:58:44 +0200
Sorry: much as I like Cornelius, he doesn't take into account the couple of
centuries fighting behind us trying to establish credibility as scientists;
the fights against charges of being "ridiculous" that were especially common
during the 1820s-1840s, for example...
It's almost like telling some victor of any of the human rights battles of
the 1960s to go back to their old traditional ways...