HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
MORGAN A RIEDER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:34:41 -0700
For many years, many U.S. archaeologists have used a bastardized system, using graph paper in decimal inches and drawing site maps with a scale of 1 inch equals 1 meter or 10 meters or whatever, simply because in the U.S. metric graph paper is not stocked by the local places we routinely go to for office supplies.  I've tried the "print your own" sites and found the results unusable.  I still have a stash of K&E metric graph paper (the real thing) but I've heard they're no longer in business, so I echo Anita's request for a source.  (And forget Rite in the Rain--I'm a HABS-trained draftsman and I erase all the time, which you can't do on Rite in the Rain paper).

Morgan Rieder, RPA