Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:01:13 -0500
From:
Stirling S Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Chris Bonds wrote:

>...  I am an empiricist, I believe that what we are looking for is the
>WAY THINGS ARE, and that there is a physical reality and a musical reality
>"out there" that we as humans can confront and study and learn about, but
>we do not "construct" this reality, it becomes apparent to us with study
>and experience.  (Of course "musical reality" is an entirely different
>thing from physical reality.)

Then why is it you loaded the discussion with preconceptions and
preconditions? Harmony had to be your idea of harmony, melody your idea
of melody etc.

To find out "the way things really are" it is essential not to clutter
ones vocabulary with words which are about the way you would "like" things
to be.

Stirling S Newberry