Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 08:44:35 PST
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Stirling S Newberry wrote:

>What is "Music of our times" but a desire to allow mediocrity to
>pass as important?

Well put.  Of course, this applies to other artistic fields and also
non-artistic areas as well.  The recognition of "high quality" is very
elusive for most folks.  Also, in many areas, the purchase of high quality
is financially off-limits for most.  Bought any furniture lately?

We tend to place exaggerated worth on the "average."  But, most people
are "average."

>I'm standing up, simply because it seems that no one else has the
>guts to.

I always suspected that Stirling was the son of John Wayne.  Stirling
can be very humorous at times.

Don Satz