Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:54:21 -0600
From:
Kathie Faricy <[log in to unmask]>
the American Musicological Society list:

   Invitation: THE INTERNATIONAL COLOURS & MUSIC EXPERIMENT
   Phineas de Thornley Head <[log in to unmask]>

   Dear All,

   My name is Phineas Head and I am a final year Honors Psychology
   student studying under Professor Stevan Harnad at the University of
   Southampton Centre for Cognitive Neuroscience. My research is into
   synaesthesia, where people 'see' colours when they hear music (like
   Messiaen, Scriabin and Michael Torke).

   We have designed an experiment for synaesthetes to perform online
   from the Web, anywhere in the world, but really need more participants
   than we already have.

   If any of YOU have special colours for certain musical keys or notes,
   we would like to invite you to take part in a special world-wide
   experiment.  It will take around half an hour and is entirely done on
   the Web.  (You will need better than Netscape ver.  4.4, but you can
   download this from the instructions site if you need to).

   The Web address for doing the experiment is...

      http://www.soton.ac.uk/~pah196/noise/instructions.html

   and my email is...

   Very many thanks!!

   Phin