Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:19:28 -0600
From:
Kathie Faricy <[log in to unmask]>
I was a private student of Madame Kraus for four years, and a friend.
I was so thrilled when the sonatas were released on Sony - (I had the LP's)
- and am so happy to know her playing is still being appreciated.  No, the
concertos have not been released to my knowledge - I have the LP's of
those, as well.  Somehow, I don't think these will be re-issued - the
orchestra was not very good.  However, I would be delighted if anyone knows
if they are available on CD.

However, there have been some other releases of her recordings that I just
found out about and have received - have not had a moment to listen to them
yet, however.  I got a 3 CD set of Schubert that included the Impromptus,
the Wanderer Fantasie, both of which I have on LP, and Sonatas D664 in A
maj, D960 in A maj, and D960 in Bb maj, none of which I had, or ever heard
her play.  I also have a 4 CD box on EMI of the Mozart Piano and Violin
sonatas with her playing with Willi Boskowsky, recorded in 1954-57.  I also
know there are newly released CD's of her playing Bartok.

Glad to hear of Lili Kraus fans out there! She was an extraordinary
pianist, teacher and human being. I miss her greatly.

Best regards,
Kathie Faricy