Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 16:28:11 +0100
From:
Christine Labroche <[log in to unmask]>
Norman Reppingen invites comments on:

>How does smell, the smelling of the rosesoil, cedar, or limette
>influence the creation, or also important, the reception of music?

I am very sensitive to fragrance so Norman Reppingen's paramusical post
was a joy to read - quite an experience.  Thank you.

Essential oils enhancing personal effort in whatever domain might work,
but there would be quite a problem, scenting halls or churches, I think.
Fragrance is not cross-cultural, some nationalities preferring only the
more delicate scents of nature, borne on the air.  Even within a particular
culture, appreciation of fragrance is very individual.

Once more, music remains the only true international, cross-cultural
language, which makes it all the more exalting and satisfying - to me,
at least.

Christine Labroche - listening to some intimate Janacek on a lingering
sandalwood background, sweet jasmine at heart, faint bergamot high-notes