Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 07:09:20 PST
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Linday Orcutt wrote:

>On the other hand, I'm resentful of unions - and not just musicians'
>unions, ANY kind of union - for a lot of reasons.

I share Lindsay's sentiments.  I see unions as a necessary evil; they were
necessary for the U.S. in the early part of this century, and orchestra
members badly need them now.  Yes, I'm aware that some musicians' unions
exist now, but their effectiveness is clearly deficient.

When getting the short end of the stick, you have to do what's viable to
correct the problem even if that means going against a priciple.

Don Satz