Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 02:46:29 +0100
From:
"J.A. Brouwer" <[log in to unmask]>
D. Stephen Heersink writes:

>Rarely does one conductor capture one composer as well as Karajan
>does Bruckner.  That said, there are other excellent recordings by other
>conductors, including Jochum, Walter, Tintner, and yes, Sinopli.

This evening I compared three recordings of Bruckner Eight:  Karajan (BPO),
Haitink (Concertgebouw) and Celibidache.  I didn't like the Karajan at all:
mainly, he works on the sound instead of building the structures of this
great symphony.  I did not know his recordings of the seventh.  For this
work also Haitink and Celibidache are my favourites.

What do list-members of the Bruckner-Celi set??

Jan Anton, Amsterdam