Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 20:45:20 -0800
From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Jon Gallant wrote:

>I hope Tony has ventured about a quarter of a mile from Tower to Harold
>Moore Records on Great Marlborough Street.  This place has a marvelous
>stock of CDs of modern music, perhaps the best in the world.  ...

In fact, Harold Moores is always my first port of call and has been for
years.  I advise anyone visiting London to do the same.  Prepare for
culture shock, though.  It is a very different establishment to to Tower -
almost Dickensian in comparison.  When you push the door open you half
expect to hear a bell ring.  Also, beware that they only take cash and
limit credit cards to mail order.

They also stock a lot of Indian and world music.

I remember once finding a CD of the Georg Szell Mahler 9th at the end of
one shelf and when I remarked at the counter (counter not checkout) that
I had been looking for it for some time was told that it had been on the
shelf since 1988.  You have the impression fromn the people who work there
that every disc in the place is an old friend.  There are not many shops
like it left.

They have second hand LPs in the basement too.

Tony Duggan
Staffordshire,
United Kingdom.