Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:00:06 -0500
From:
Ed Zubrow <[log in to unmask]>
It is wonderful to see Kathie Faricy turn up on MCML.  From another list
I've known her to be a knowledgeable and interesting writer--and most
accomodating in answering questions.

Some months back I prompted some discussion about Bartok's use of the
Fibonacci series after I heard it described in a lecture (by a high school
senior!) as exemplifying Bartok's compositional interest in the natural
world.  (As distinguished from composers like Messian whose interest is
demonstrated by "imitating" sounds.) Now I find it fascinating to learn
from others on the list that formal construction can also be analagous to
architecture.

Thanks to all of the people on this list who so generously share their
knowledge.  And to Dave (even though he has computer woes right now) for
making it all possible.

Ed