Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:03:44 GMT
Since the beekeepers on this list can't agree on the extent of CCD, is it any wonder that the media and film makers present a distorted picture? :)

My customers and co-workers often ask about my bee losses with concern and are very suprised to hear I have not lost any colonies.  They then ask about the media reports to which I can only say that I SUSPECT the losses occur where hives are near big ag or are used for pollination contracts.

My local [retired] bee inspector has often said beekeepers who moved hives to pollinate crops on farms outside of the suburbia here frequently come back with AFB.  Seems the locations contain lots of spores.  I have not heard of CCD cases in this area.

Waldemar