From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 15:58:25 -0400
To all Bill said, I say 'yep'.  And Bill says it so clearly!

BTW, in this small part of the world (near Albany NY) I am contacted fairly
often by the press, but by no means because of any instigation on my part.
I have recently been criticized by some for sharing my views on CCD and have
been told that it would be far better to refer press inquiries to those at
academic institutions.  The thought is that the press never gets anything
right so it is best not to discuss with them such matters as colony stress
and the possibility that might have an effect on CCD...because it could be a
small step from there to questioning honey purity.

I think this is wrong-footed.  By refusing to talk to the press one can
also lead to the question 'is there something to hide here'?  IMO it is best
to be open, as accurate as the circumstances permit, and reassuring.  And
also try to keep clear distinctions between opinion and fact.  (It is
amazing how many have told me that honey bees are suffering because of cell
phone use.)

And the press will still get parts wrong!

Lloyd
--
Lloyd Spear
Owner Ross Rounds, Inc.