From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:49:28 EDT
Good Afternoon to All:

We are interested in getting 'fresh' samples from CCD colonies. We've been
in contact with beekeepers whose colonies either show classic CCD, and some
whose colonies are unusually slow growing or dwindling.  We hear rumors of
others who may be having problems, but lack specific contact information.

We have limited funds for travel, but are interested in getting samples  from
several areas of the U.S., and can make a couple of sampling trips over the
next few weeks.

We are interested in obtaining both bee and comb samples.  We  can't afford
to analyze every sample that anyone might want to send or allow us  to collect,
but we do want to get a new set of samples representative of  different
geographical regions. We are particularly interested in colonies  that have
collapsed and are exhibiting the syndrome of an absence of pest (hive  beetle, wax
moth, robbing  by bees).

Finally, we are also interested in getting audio samples from colonies with
specific pest and disease problems such as Varroa mites, hive beetle, foul
brood, etc.

Please contact us directly at [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask]) , or call at  406-541-3160.

Thanks

Jerry

J.J. Bromenshenk
Bee Alert Technology, Missoula, MT