ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:55:14 EST

I'm starting to get responses, and I think I'll need to create a sort of
database of programs for my own use.  I'll be glad to post it here when I  have
it together.

Please do, by the way, forward my email requesting info and anecdotes about
"autism out of school."  I'm interested not only in science-related  programs,
but also in any interactive learning/teaching experience -from  theatrical
productions to orchestras to chess clubs.  And, while I'm  interested in
"special" programs for young people with autism, I'm just as  interested in hearing
from people with autism and/or their families relative to  typical programs
that were transformative for them.

I have a feeling, tho, that science museums in particular are a  great place
to start!

Lisa

Lisa,

I  am sure many of us on the listserv would like to see the responses  you
get.  Thank you!

Janet Stone
Director of  Operations
Lancaster Science  Factory