From:
David Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2008 14:41:27 -0700
This argument about Live vs. Recorded comes up again and again, and there
is never any resolution.  Nor should there be.  A century ago, all music
was live music.  Recordings added another dimension just as movies added
a dimension to live stage drama.  Studio recordings and studio television
added still further dimensions to the original media.  Isn't it grand
to have such choice?  I myself would rather hear a live concert with all
it's potential for disaster, but I would not part with my record collection.
All these media are different, and all have their advantages and
disadvantages.  Music comes in many shapes and sizes; let us be grateful
and enjoy the conucopia.

David Lamb in Seattle