Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:01:02 -0600
7bit
From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Hello Peter & All,

Although Peter and I agree on most beekeeping issues I really have a tough
time with his position on the Bayer issue.

Today's news was the Hallmark packing house problem. The reason these things
keep happening is simple. Without public outrage *changes* never take place.

Some say Mad cow disease will never be a problem like it was in England
because of the controls in place at our packing houses to prevent sick cows
entering the food chain. I hope most saw the segment this morning as by
tomorrow the beef industry clout will make the segment disappear!

The everything is great in the U.S. food and drug department and does not
need improvement shows in my opinion ignorance or simply not wanting to take
on the tough issues. We need to rein in some of these companies.

I think if you had carefully read my post ( or watched the Bayer 60 minutes
program)  you
would have seen the issue was not about placing a problem drug on the
market. Although research showed the drug would be a problem before
registered was suppressed.

The problem I pointed to was the two year fight when proof was provided the
drug
was killing around a 1000 people a month. Also other drugs which had a much
better track record were available for doctors to use but not sold by Bayer.

My point which apparently went right over your head was that       *IF*
the neonicotinoids are proven to cause bee problems we will be forced to
wage a battle to get the label change for imidacloprid ( bee honey & pollen
sources) as past history shows the company seems to be more willing to fight
a problem than solve the problem when proof of a problem exists. The simple
truth I am afraid (after months of research into the issue) is that the U.S.
beekeepers simply have not got the money as an industry to fight Bayer and
win.

Thanks to the many on the list which saw the program and sent me a kudos
email!

bob

--
believed to be clean.