From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:33:06 -0400
mark berninghausen wrote:
>  I don't know how my e-mail could have gotten on a spammer website. Which one is it on? How do I get it off?

You end up as a "spammer" because someone harvests your email address
and send stuff out using it. Usually the first indicator are lots of
bounced messages with your email address as the sender. If you know how
to read the source (View/Message Source) you can ID the spammer's ISP
and, if it is a legit ISP, report them by sending the ISP a copy of the
source code.

Lists (like the BeeL), websites, and newsgroups are places where
spammers harvest addresses.

Long ago I had a person in Hong Kong capture my email address and use it
to spam. Literally had hundreds of bounced messages. Shut it off quickly
with an email to the ISP in HK. So if you are not seeing this problem,
don/t worry. You are in good company.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine