ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
martin weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:49:44 -0400

	One argument that has been used in order to push ID into the
science classroom is to encourage/require teachers to teach the
controversy-creationism (intelligent design) vs evolution. But there
is no science controversy. I agree critical thinking IS very
important but it need not be taught using fabricated controversy;
critical appraisal can be taught within the range of the goals of an
education system.

Martin.

--
Martin Weiss, Ph.D