ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:24:17 -0500

Hello, Regan and all:

You may know that the National Science Foundation has made a major
grant to create a Nanoscience Informal Science Network, which is a
network of museums, educators, science research organizations,
education researchers, etc.  This is a five year project which just
began its second year.  One of the jobs that the Hall of Science has
taken on in this network is to conduct a survey of current informal
science education efforts in nanoscience.  This has been made easier
by a study done by Barbara Flagg at the inception of the NISE project
which, among other things, documents some 20 projects in the field.
If you would like, I can send you a copy of that front end research.
Perhaps we can find a way to collaborate on this research that you
are doing.  It might be best to contact me off list to discuss how we
would do this.

We have learned over the past year that there is a lot of interest in
the informal science field about nanoscience in various contexts, and
the whole point of the NISE network is to engage the field in these
discussions, so I would be glad to help however I can.

Best regards.

Eric Siegel
Executive VP
    Programs and Planning