ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Elib Crist-Dwyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 09:29:54 -0700

This is a question for those of you responsible for generating
new demonstrations at your institutions.  Has the idea of
trading scripts with other museums ever come up within this
community of educators?  Would this be something that others
would be interested in exploring?  I think that we share an
expectation from our institutions to keep the programs we offer
lively and fresh, and by pooling our resources we might be able
to offer new programs more frequently.  Most of us are separated
geographically and so wouldn't risk the "I've already seen this
one" factor.
This idea has come up in a few ASTC sessions I've attended, and
I would be curious to hear what those of your who perform these
programs think of the idea.  I will not be at ASTC this year,
but let me know if if comes up again.

Elib Crist-Dwyer
Program Coordinator
ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum