Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:35:01 GMT
>One foggy morning in July when the grass was full of pollen I saw bees working it hard. Never saw bees working grass before...

There is a broadleaf plant - plantago - that occurs in grass that produces good pollen for bees.  Could your bees have been working it?  My bees have been working it for the past couple of weeks.

Plantago is treated as a broadleaf lawn weed.  It is a herb though with beneficial benefits including anti-inflamatory and wood-healing.

European folk medicine says plantago reduces heyfever allergies, asthma, and its good for easing bee stings.  I found the last one interesting!

Waldemar