ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Kristie Mazzoni <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 17:30:12 -0400

I don't know what it is called, but I've seen a device used at trade show booths for chiropractors (like might be set up at the state fair).  The customer steps on a scale that weighs each foot individually.  A properly balanced person should have the same weight on each foot.  Then, the chiropractor usually offers a free adjustment and a card for his future services.

This would only measure a spine curvature (side-to-side), either permanent or brought about by poor posture.  I don't know that this would measure or correct slouching forward.

As with any profession, I guess there is a chiropractors' supply store where this might be purchased.

Kristie M. Mazzoni
Assistant Planetarium Director
Gengras Planetarium
The Children's Museum
(formerly The Science Center of Connecticut)
950 Trout Brook Drive
West Hartford CT 06119

(860) 231-2830 x24