Condense Mail Headers

From:
Chris Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:16:38 EDT

[log in to unmask] writes:

Chris,  if it is post mortem, would you think the mite would be more likely
to  fall thru the screen escaping damage?  Or is the damage said to be
occurring by other insects scavenging or damage by the  beekeeper?

Dave Cushman was there too and may wish to come in and amplify what I
recall.  My memory says that the damage - typically the groove in the  carapace that
looks as if it might have been made by bee mandibles - would have  been made
by cleaners disposing of mites that have died for other reasons.  However, I
now recall that last year I was shown a few seconds of fuzzy digital  camera
video  taken by Dr Rodger Dewhurst of an ambulant mite showing such  damage.

There seems to be a need for clarity that your projected project might
produce.

Chris