Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2007 12:06:04 -0600
7bit
From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
> Tracheal Mites are the forgotten mite. Why? We have "tracheal mite
> resistant bees".

Do we?  I wrote recently that we do *not* have any assurance that we have TM
resistant bees, at least ones that the supplier will certify as
non-susceptible.

Dr. Fischer wrote to say I was wrong.

>> ...if your queen supplier sells you queens that are still susceptible to
>> tracheal mites, find a new queen supplier.  This is the 21st Century, and
>> anyone selling tracheal-mite susceptible stock is either lazy or
>> incompetent.

I then said,

>> tried that approach {asking queen suppliers about Tracheal Mite
>> resistance] and, found that it is easier to accomplish at the keyboard
>> than in the real world.

And Dr. Fischer said,

> Maybe it was that you had no intention of actually buying any queens.
> Another problem may have been that you were not well-known to them.

I replied,

Hmmm.  Why would you think that?  At the time I was buying queens and also
influencing quite a few purchases, and I have been on a first name basis
with these people for many years.  That's why I asked them.  Maybe you can
share the results of your queries in this regard that make you think
differently?  Maybe list some suppliers who have given you such assurances?

You'll note that I asked Dr. Fischer to name a few suppliers who have given
him reason to believe that they supply queens which are reliably TM
resistant.

I am still waiting for a reply.