ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Wayne Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2007 06:19:49 -0800

A modest contribution. See my signature statement below. I happened by
the Lawrence Hall of Science yesterday for a short stop. They had an on
going exhibit called Circus (ref carnival below), "... exhibit lets the
viistor experience the magical and mysterious world of life under the
Big Top while discovering the science behind the artistry."
<http://www.lhs.berkeley.edu/>.

Fred Stein wrote:
> institutions.
>

> Hi Rae,
>
> If you can use water, consider dishpans of warm water and dry ice and
> funnels, beakers, etc.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Fred
>

> On Mar 2, 2007, at 10:38 AM, Rae Alexander wrote:
>
>> ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology
>> Centers
>> Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related
>> institutions.
>> *****************************************************************************
>>

>> Does anyone have a experiment for upper elementary GATE kids that I
>> can use
>> at a Mind Expansion Carnival?  We have to set up a booth with some
>> type of
>> interactive, I was also told that if you can't sweep it up  then we
>> can't do
>> it. (i.e. no messy experiments).  Any ideas?  This booth will be
>> staffed by
>> high school level GATE kids.  GATE=gifted and talented education.
>> I appreciate any input you can give.
>> Thanks,
>> Rae Fearing

>> More information about the Informal Science Education Network and the
>> Association of Science-Technology Centers may be found at
>> http://www.astc.org.
>> To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the
>> message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to

> Association of Science-Technology Centers may be found at
> http://www.astc.org.
>
> The ISEN-ASTC-L email list is powered by LISTSERVR software from
> L-Soft. To learn more, visit

          .   Science fun: Use #303 can. Make string handle.
         / \  Fill can to top with water. Float ping pong
        / o \ ball on top. Drop onto mat outdoors from waist
        |~~~| high, and arms length. Stand back! What happens
        |___| to ball? (Hold string in two fingers at apex)

--
                    Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>