From:
John Smyth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 13:18:49 -0800
Roger Hecht replied to me:

>>As for the Walter 6th, yes: the opening steals into the room...magical.
>>I once rescued an early pressing from a tall stack of albums which had
>>become a cat scratching post.  I almost didn't recognise the stack as
>>records.
>
>I've seen cats do in speakers, but gads!

That's why I don't own a cat.  BTW: OT, but if any of you have this
Walter Beethoven 6th, on Columbia Stereo first pressing only, (dark grey
and black record label with 3 Columbia "eyes" on each side of the spindle
hole), it's one of the few Columbia's that's extremely sought after and
typically goes for $120 to $150 if glossy and NO scratches whatsoever.

John Smyth
Sacramento, CA