ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Paul Nicholls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 07:44:03 +0800

As part of Sciencenetwork WA (www.sciencewa.net.au <http://www.sciencewa.net.au> ) Scitech has an Ambassadors for Science program. Twice a year we bring about 100 scientists together to hear from eminent speakers about how to communicate with the public and the media.

In recent times we have had the editor of Cosmos Magazine, Wilson D'Silva,(http://www.cosmosmagazine.com <http://www.cosmosmagazine.com> ) and also the PR Manager of a number of Cooperative Research Centres, Dr Julia Cribb who runs Science Alerts (www.sciencealert.com.au).

Last month we also handpicked 30 local scientists and took them to our State Parliament to interact with Politicians in a number of forums. Prior to the event we provided a series of briefings on what to say and what not to say!

Paul Nicholls
Director Science Partnerships
Scitech
Perth, Western Australia