ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Matthew White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2007 19:09:50 -0400

I have been out of touch for awhile and could have missed this on the
List, but I don't think so.

http://www.unicornmuseum.org/

and help them design a billboard

http://www.unicornmuseum.org/wp/submissions

I am not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, I think it is
darn funny and makes a legitimate point about the selectiveness of
people who claim to believe the literal truth of any religious text.
On the other hand, I don't think any argument, debate, or discussion
was ever solved with mockery. I fear it will only harden those people
we want to reach further in their beliefs and politics by convincing
them even more that we are all out to get them and we hate religion.

It is pretty funny, though.

Matt White